If you can believe it, I am on year four of living in Lithuania. Who knows where the next years will take me, so in order to take advantage of living in Eastern Europe, I've decided to make a list of remaining things I'd like to do and see. J did the same, and here I've combined our lists. I thought I'd share this because Vilnius is a great starting point for travel in the Baltics, and you may want to do your own extensive trip in the region.
Realistically, I know we won't be able to do everything on our combined list, so I've split the list into what we'll hopefully do and what we probably won't have the time (or money) to do.
- Tallinn Christmas markets and festivities
- See one or several of the forts near Kaunas (the 9th Fort is particularly interesting looking)
- Visit the Vilnius University Botanical Garden during rhododendron flowering season
- Learn to make gyrabai and kibinai (and buy the pan to make gyrabai)
- Take a day or weekend trip to somewhere new in Lithuania
- Visit the Bee-keeping Museum
- Enjoy a long weekend in Riga
Unlikely, but Possible
- Wander Parnu, Estonia
- Take a Jewish tour
- Visit Saaremaa Island, Estonia (we were meant to visit over the summer, but poor Baby ISO got very ill)
- Go swimming in the Baltic Sea
- Take a hot air balloon ride over Vilnius
Do you have a bucket list for where you live? Is it always growing like mine is?