Travel Goals for 2016
Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful night last night and a restful day spent with loved ones. We spent last night sleeping and are currently on a flight back to Vilnius (what a yucky way to spend the day). I'd like to take a moment and reflect upon my goals from 2015 and think ahead to my goals for 2016.
1) Keep traveling! Traveling with a baby is absolutely do-able, yet I frequently receive shocked comments from both friends and strangers when I tell them about our travels. I'd like to show them that traveling (and living abroad) with children is possible, affordable, and fun!
2) Minimize. We have no idea where we'll be living next, so when the time finally comes to move away from Vilnius I'd like to be able to pack up our apartment without panicking. Currently, the thought of packing everything we have doesn't even sound possible (where did all of this stuff come from?!), so I've been creating piles to donate, give to friends, bring back to the US, or sell. This 2016 goal was inspired by Polly from Let's Love Local who talked about it here.
3) Grow my editing services. In 2015 I was able to grow my editing services from an occasionally paper here and there to a fairly consistent monthly income, though certainly not enough to constitute my whole income. I'd like to continue growing these services over 2016. Not only do I really enjoy editing (and reading), I also can do it from home, which suits my current lifestyle.
Travel Goals from 2015 - Reflection
1) Visit Greece. Check! J and I visited Greece in April 2015 and absolutely loved it. Now we need to see more of the country!
2) Get organized. I did a pretty reasonable job of staying organized this year. I attempted to keep my desk clean as well as organize the files on my computer. Once everything was organized it was easier to keep things neat.
3) Get more people involved with #creativelocales and #creativelithuania. I completely failed at this goal, even though Creative Lithuania posts are my favorite to write and research. Oh well!
What are your 2016 goals?