Sometimes bad weather can literally rain (or snow) on your travel plans. That doesn't have to be a bummer though and you don't need to hide in your hotel room all day. I even quite like a rainy or snowy day while visiting a new place because I'm always looking for an excuse to duck into a cozy cafe or visit a museum.
It rains and/or snows a lot in Lithuania, so I've gotten pretty good at packing for stormy weather. Here's what I've figured out so far...
- Always bring an umbrella
- Buy a light, hooded rain jacket that folds easily
- Wear comfortable short rain boots that are easy to pack
- Invest in sturdy warm snow boots
- Always wear a scarf! Perfect for chilly planes, buses, or trains and for warming up from bad weather.
- Sunblock - you can get sunburned even on cloudy and rainy days - I've done it before
- A hat keeps the rain or sun off of your face
I'm linking up with Treasure Tromp for TreatYoSelfThursday.
What are your tips for packing for bad weather? What do you like to do on a rainy or snowy day?